Monday, September 21, 2009

GKN Weekly Update 9/21/09

Happy Autumn!

Autumn is my favorite season of the year by far. It's a relief from summer (especially THIS summer!) and I get to wear jackets & sweatshirts, which I love. And of course watching the leaves turn and all that sentimental stuff.

So, last week I had my usual recording session at ETS in Princeton. This one had a bit of a twist. One of the producers makes sure I work with all of the new talent to show them the ropes. Of course I'm flattered and happy to help. The "new" talent I worked with was Jill Whelan. For those of you under the age of 35, she played Vicki Stubing on "The Love Boat", a very popular TV from the late 70's and early 80's. The producer told me who she was in advance and of course I got a bit excited, being an avid watcher of the show when I was a child. So when I got to the studio and met her, you know what I did? I introduced myself and we got to work. I didn't mention "The Love Boat" at all! We had a great time and she was a pleasure to work with.

So why didn't I say anything? No, it wasn't nerves! I figured that she hears it all the time and I felt that doting on her would be unprofessional. I think I got more pleasure out of not saying anything than I would have if I did. Call me crazy!

TIP OF THE WEEK: Most people just want to be treated like everyone else. Well, at least I hope so! Give people the courtesy and respect they deserve!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Sex is like pizza. Even if it’s bad, it’s still pretty good. Stephen Baldwin from Threesome

DISCUSS!: Have you ever had a celebrity encounter? How did you react?

BTW I've been getting some wonderful responses to the "Discuss!" portion of the GKN Weekly Update. I've enjoyed reading them! If you want to share your replies with the rest of the gang, please post them on the venue that you get this newsletter. If you reply to me directly, I'm reluctant to post them since I'm not sure if they're for public consumption. Thanks!

No comments: