Monday, September 14, 2009

GKN Weekly Update 9/14/09

Hey there, back-to-schoolers!

I hope everyone is enjoying their new school clothes and Trapper Keepers.

Last week was pretty active. I landed more voice over gigs online and booked them from my home. I also had yet another wonderful recording session at ETS down in Princeton.

So, yesterday was my birthday. If you Facebookers are wondering why you didn't see it, it's because I forgot to make by birthday public so it didn't pop up on your Events. Oops! Feel free to post a belated birthday message on my wall. I'd love to hear from you!

This is one of the best birthdays I've ever had. I got to see a bunch of friends and got some very nice gifts. The best one was from three of my friends. They spent the day at my apartment redecorating! They re-covered the couch, painted the coffee table, and painted the entertainment unit. They're also going to hang up new pictures and frame some of my photos for display. I gotta tell you, what they did was pretty amazing! I'm very grateful to have such giving & caring friends.

TIP OF THE WEEK: I'm not very good at receiving compliments or gifts. What I've gotten a lot better at is looking them in the eye, smiling, and thanking them for their generosity and kind words. That's all they want. Make sure you do it every time!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No lover is ever satisfied with the first smile of his mistress. William Henry Harrison

DISCUSS!: When was the last time you did something special for someone who didn't expect it?

Have a great week!

No comments: