Monday, January 31, 2011

GKN Weekly Update 1/31/11

Good morning, everybody! Getting ready for another week of crap-tastic weather? I sure am.

Sitting down at my desk every Monday to write this here thang has been a ritual of mine for over four years. I get immense pleasure out of it, but sometimes I sit down, open up Blogger, and discover that I have absolutely nothing to say. When that happens, I sit here and wait for something to inspire me. Usually all I have to do is look at my planner and read what happened in my life the previous week. More often than not, it reminds me of something interesting or profound or just plain goofy that I did, said, or experienced and bang, I'm off to the races. Other times I am given a gift, usually in the form of a phone call or email that gives me something fun to go on. On this particular morning, I just got not one but TWO emails, both about the exact same subject! If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. The gift is: The Cohesion Project.

The Cohesion Project is a documentary focusing on the lives of three amazing dudes living with Cerebral Palsy, one of whom I went to college with (BTW this guy climbed Mt. Washington!). This doc was produced by my very dear friend Doug Bollinger (remember Can You Imagine and Transition?) and the extremely groovy Kim Surowicz, who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time last summer at a Cohesion Project fundraiser. Principal photography is completed and they are in post-production. However, they need funds to finish the film. They have posted their project on Kickstarter.com, an amazing website designed to help fund projects. To check it out, click on this link. Please share this link on every site you can think of to help complete the Cohesion Project and bring awareness to this extremely worthy cause!

TIP OF THE WEEK: The Good Karma Network is a great place to bring awareness to your latest entertainment industry project. I strongly encourage all of you to post your casting and performance notices here. This is also a great venue to bring awareness to noble causes in the entertainment industry or other venues. However, and I'll be totally blunt here, please don't post any materials of a political, religious, or sexual nature. We're all friends here and I want to keep it that way. If you want a perfect, and I mean perfect, example of my vision of how the Good Karma Network is meant to be utilized, I give you The Cohesion Project.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: The quality of life is determined by the quality of the questions you ask yourself. Dan Duckworth

STUFF!: Are there any projects you are casting right now? Anything you're rehearsing for?

From Tom Dheere's soon-be-snowed-in apartment, this is Tom Dheere, GKN News...

No comments: