Monday, December 1, 2008

GKN Weekly Update 12/1/08

Happy Post Thanksgiving Meltdown!

I hope everybody had a great time. I was extremely pleased to have little Asha sitting on my lap gumming mashed potatoes.

Since it was a short week there wasn't too much action. I did have an ETS gig in Princeton on Wednesday.

I updated my client database. BTW I use ACT! which is perfect for holding all sorts of info, sending out mass emails, printing mailing labels, etc. I made sure I had an email address for all of my contacts which resulted in some very nice conversations.

The 30 Rock episode I'm an extra in will air this Thursday night at 9:30 PM. If you blink you'll miss it! Actually, I was in a lot of shots so I like my chances of getting some decent air time. I'll be one of the alumni attending the high school reunion. Look for the very sexy dude wearing a blue blazer!

TIP OF THE WEEK: So I got a CT Scan today and I saw my new kidney stone. This one is 2mm wide, much smaller than the last one. It's either in the bladder or it's at the base of the ureter, which is good news. There's an 80-90% chance it'll pass normally. Fingers crossed! Anyway, I've already covered being thankful and good health blah blah blah so let's go with something more practical: health insurance!

First of all, make sure you have it. Second, it can be difficult to find a good single coverage policy that isn't too expensive and won't hose you when an emergency comes up. I've had Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield for a few months now and so far it's been pretty good to me. HOWEVER, there has been a problem with processing my claims because for some reason they never got the Certificates of Credible Coverage from my previous health insurance providers. I don't know if it's my fault or the insurance companies' fault but make sure you get this stuff straightened out nice & early if you switch providers. Trust me, you'll be better off for it!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught. J.C. Watts

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Do you have health insurance? Do you have a good plan that covers your everyday and emergency needs?

Have a great week!

No comments: