Monday, June 28, 2010

GKN Weekly Update 6/28/10

And a Happy 98 Degree Day to you! One of the perks of being self-employed is that you only have to leave the house when you land a gig at a remote studio. You would literally have to pay me to go outside today!

Here are some tasty nuggets for you today...

I'm getting a logo! It's in the early stages and I don't have any sketches yet, but when I do I'll post them.

Remember last week when I told you about Infinivox's newest release "The Year's Top Ten Tales of Science Fiction 2"? You can hear one of the stories for free! To give a listen, go to:


http://www.infinivoxsf.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/HumanPlan.mp3


BTW if you go to www.audible.com and search for me, you can find every audio book I've done!

Good friend and fellow GKN member Trish Basanyi & I did this spot together for Remove It Now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mox9sKwJtsI

Also, Trish and I had a great time last week recording all the voices for Blastaway! In the coming months we will put together a Facebook Group and perhaps a website promoting this project. Stay tuned!

TIP OF THE WEEK: Remember when I said my clan is having issues? Unfortunately, they have either stayed the same or gotten worse. I am getting more comfortable with the fact that there is nothing I do to help except to be present and supportive. Sometimes that is all you need to do to be a good family member or friend. It also reminds me of a great quote from the wise Dan Duckworth, "Don't complain and don't explain". The quote was originally intended for talents meeting agents, but I think it works here, too. I'm complaining less and explaining less in general and it's a good feeling.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Americans hate problems they can’t answer in ten seconds. Norman Mailer

STUFF!: I saw Jonah Hex and Get Him To The Greek last week. One was bad and one was hilarious. Can you guess which is which?

From Tom Dheere's apartment, this is Tom Dheere, GKN News...

No comments: