Monday, May 17, 2010

GKN Weekly Update 5/17/10

Hey there, all you TV fans!

Once again I have a busy day so I don't have much time. I have an audition in NYC for...actually I don't know! I'll find out when I get there. Then I have another animated science tutorial script to record (eight down, two to go!). Sorry if I haven't been able to give the GKN the time and effort it deserves lately, but I have a feeling things will settle down after this week.

TIP OF THE WEEK: Business is booming right now, which means more loot! The good problem is figuring out what to do with it. This happens a lot with people in our profession, that is, having a wave of good fortune come and go. Remember the #1 rule: pay yourself first! Always make sure you set a little aside before you cover your expenses. I don't mean buying that Space Invader-shaped toaster you've been dreaming about. I mean taking some of that surplus cash and socking it away in an interest-bearing account. Thanks to Dan Duckworth of Voiceovers Unlimited for that nugget of advice. It has reaped dividends for me, literally!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: My failures have been errors of judgment, not of intent. Ulysses S. Grant

STUFF!: Did anyone see Iron Man 2 yet? I want to see it tomorrow and I've heard both good and bad things. Anyone care to contribute a quick review?

No comments: