Monday, May 10, 2010

GKN Weekly Update 5/10/10

And good morning to you on this crisp, Spring day!

I have to make this an uber-quickie one. Today I go to Panetta Studios to narrate the sci-fi audio book "Mongoose" by Ian Creasey. Then I go to Full House Productions in NYC to narrate some Cambridge ESL tests. Then I go back to Panetta Studios to narrate "Events Preceding the Helvetican Renaissance" by John Kessel. Then I'm taking my best friend Carly out to dinner for a small going-away celebration, since she is moving to Vermont. She is the mother of the world-famous Asha!

TIP OF THE WEEK: My life has been a whirlwind for the past five weeks. I've had more voicoever gigs in this span of time than I can count. Actually, I can count them, but that's not the point. The point is this: marketing and networking are like gardening. Plant the right seeds in the right places, water them, nurture them, and if you're patient & the conditions are right, they will grow and flourish. THAT'S how you do it!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. Mark Twain

STUFF!: I saw "Inglorious Basterds" on Netflix. CRAZY movie! I strongly recommend it.

Have a great week!

No comments: