Monday, April 19, 2010

GKN Weekly Update 4/19/10

Good morning, my little chickadees!

I'm blogging a bit earlier than usual today. I have three animated science tutorial scripts to record today and I have to create pronunciation guides for three science-fiction audio stories I'm narrating. Them sci-fi authors likes to use big ole' words!

I want to say hello to fellow GKN member Nicola Barber. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person last week and she was a delight! We had a great conversation about the voiceover industry and I wish her great success in her newly chosen profession.

I also want to give a shout-out to Ascot Smith. Congratulations on the premiere of your film "Last Man of Idaho"! Here is an excerpt from the film. It was an honor to narrate the film and I wish it great success!

TIP OF THE WEEK: The Internet and online social networking is great, but nothing beats a face-to-face meeting. If you have an opportunity to network in person with a professional contact that you only know online, do it! I would like to think that the connection is deeper and longer lasting.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Some rules are made to be broken. Jaywalking is not one of them. Walker Lamond

STUFF!: If you're looking for a really fun & interesting place to hang out, try Books of Wonder/Cupcake Cafe on 18th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. The cupcakes there will blow your mind!

Have a great week!

No comments: