Monday, March 15, 2010

GKN Weekly Update 3/15/10

Happy post I-Saw-A-Dumpster-Floating-Down-The-Street Day! I hope everyone is safe and dry.

So last week I narrated the short film, "Last Man of Idaho". This is a fascinating piece shot entirely with stills. It was conceived by the brilliant Ascot Smith, a Kansas City artist. This film is about a man from the future who travels back in time to find someone who is uncertain about life. When he travels back in time he accidentally gets stuck in, are you ready for this: a potato. Anyway, it's a great story and I really enjoyed narrating it. When it's ready I'll post a link to it.

TIP OF THE WEEK: what's really interesting is that he cast me because he liked, of all things, my medical narration demo! He said it has a haunting tone that suits the film perfectly. That's one of the few times that that demo has gotten me work. Another really cool thing is that I landed this gig while networking on Twitter. Twitter! What the moral of the story? Have as many tools as you can and always keep your eyes open for opportunities. You never know where they may come from!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: I feel like I’m the star of my own chick flick! Tom Dheere

STUFF!: Funny story. I Netflixed "Inglorious Basterds", or at least I thought I did. It turns out I clicked on the wrong film and instead I got "Inglorious Bastards" the 1978 WWII film starring Fred Williamson. It was so bad I couldn't turn it off! If you want a really good laugh, watch this film!

Have a great week!

No comments: