Monday, February 8, 2010

GKN Weekly Update 2/8/10

Happy Post-Super Bowl Day! Did you have a good time last night? I was rooting for the Colts. Alas...

Last week was pretty great. For the first time, every voiceover gig I booked I recorded from home. I know that's commonplace for many of my peers, but it's a big deal for me. One of my goals this year is to book more sessions from home instead of traveling to remote studios. No, it's not because I'm a lazy bum (I am, but that's beside the point). It's because it reflects the fact that I've broadened my client base. It's nice to see some of that cold-calling & networking pay off!

TIP OF THE WEEK: Routines are good. Comfort zones are good. Structure is good. What's even better is when you change your routine, you venture out of your comfort zone, or when you break up your structure. Your brain thrives when exposed to change. It's like trying a new type of food and loving it. Feed your brain!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Remember, the girl you’re with is somebody’s sister. And he’s perfectly capable of kicking your ass. Walker Lamond

STUFF!: Movies seem to keep popping up here but it's what I love! Last week I enjoyed "Tales of the Black Freighter", the animated companion story to "Watchmen". It was pretty good, but what was even better was the faux-documentary "Under The Hood" which was also on the DVD. It was geek-fare, but it was darn good!

Have a great week!

No comments: