Monday, November 2, 2009

GKN Weekly Update 11/2/09

Happy Halloween!!!

I hope everyone had a fun, safe, and loot-ridden weekend. I went to my friend Jim's house Saturday night for a party. I dressed up as Earl Hickey from "My Name is Earl". I wrote the list, grew a mustache (that took a month!), and made sure my eyes were closed every time my picture was taken. Go to my Facebook profile to see what I looked like (and yes Jerry, my eyes are open there, I was trying to pose like he does at the beginning of the show!)

So, I start working at Awareness Audio Books next week. I'm pretty excited! They're going to schedule a rehearsal to help determine which parts the cast will play and then record later in the week. I've never been to a voiceover rehearsal before. These audio books are more like audio dramas or radio plays so it makes sense. Also, my guess is that since this is their first time working with the cast they want to get to know us and get a feel for what we can do. I'm looking forward to the process!

TIP OF THE WEEK: I've been doing voiceovers for over thirteen years now and I love it when I have a new experience in the industry, like I will next week for Awareness. I've learned over the years to enjoy working out of my comfort zone. It kick-starts your brain and makes you re-examine your behavior. It's very healthy and I strongly suggest you do the same from time to time!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: ...if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe

DISCUSS!: When was the last time you worked out of your comfort zone? Did you learn anything?

Have a great week!

No comments: