Tuesday, May 26, 2009

GKN Weekly Update 5/26/09

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend. I was invited to five parties but I could only make it to three of them. I can't be everywhere, you know!

BTW I wanted to welcome about a dozen new Good Karma Network members. Some are from the Yahoo! Group and some are from Facebook. Please stand up and say hello to the rest of the gang! Also, I'd love it if you guys would post your headshot/logo and website link here for all to see. This is all about networking, you know!



Speaking of networking, the film "Transition" now has a website, a Myspace Film profile, and a Facebook group. Please join to show your support. We have three more shoot days and if you've contacted me already about helping out you'll hear from me soon.

I also had VO gigs at ETS in Princeton and at Full House Productions for Oxford UK.

TIP OF THE WEEK: It's nice to get back to normal after a long weekend, isn't it? After a few days of being unproductive I start to feel, well, unproductive. I like jumping back into the mix and looking for new ways to find work. This time around I'm gonna spend more time on LinkedIn and Plaxo looking for work on a regular basis. I recently dumped a bunch of job sites because they have yielded no results. That's what you have to do once in a while. Change up your routine. Re-examine your habits and behavior so you don't get caught in a rut. Trust me, it's good for your brain and for your soul!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. George Washington

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I originally started this section to start a weekly dialogue but there have been very few responses to it. Maybe it's because you're doing what the title says and "thinking" about it instead of talking about it. Should I give it a new title to encourage discussion? Ask different questions? BTW don't think about it, tell me!

Have a great week!

No comments: