Monday, October 12, 2009

GKN Weekly Update 10/12/09

Happy Columbus Day! Is this the one where they have all the white sales? I get them mixed up...

For those of you who didn't catch one of my Tweet/Feed/Status Update things today, I was recently informed that I am now on the roster of Awareness Audio Books. They're based in Pennsylvania and focus on stories about addiction and substance abuse. I haven't been so excited since I landed that Danielle Steel audio book!

Many people have asked me how I landed the Danielle Steel gig. Simple: I cold-called just about every single listing in the Audio Publishers Association directory! It took a long time but it was well worth it. That's also how I got connected with Infinivox, who just today sent me my copies of their two newest publications which I had the privilege of being a part of: "The Year's Top Ten Tales of Science Fiction" and "Aliens Rule". I narrated eight stories for the first one and one for the second.

TIP OF THE WEEK: I narrate audio books because I decided that this is something I really, REALLY want to do. Once the decision was made, I made some online inquiries, read articles, and hunted for lists of contacts to cold-call. It took a long time and was a big ole' pain in the rump, but eventually it worked. Why was I so motivated? Because I try very hard not to be the guy that waddles up to your cubicle at the office and says "Gee, I wish I was in Hawaii" and then try to make you unhappy, too. If I want to go to Hawaii, then I'm gonna save up, find a good travel agent, and make it happen! Don't be that guy.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: (Campaign Slogan) We Polked you in ’44, we shall Pierce you in ’52. Franklin Pierce

DISCUSS!: What is the one thing you want that you know you can achieve, but never got the resolve do to? How can you make it happen?

Have a great week!

No comments: