Wednesday, January 14, 2009

GKN Weekly Update 1/14/09

Howdy!

Sorry for the late post but I was recording all day for the past two days. I'll tell you about it next week. This week I tell you about what happened last week and next week I tell about what happened this week. How did I get into that rut? Should I start posting on Fridays and sum up the week? Hmm...

Anyway, I have a bunch of goodies for you!

In case you don't remember, I’ve been hired as a host for Comic Book Mania (www.cbmania.com). I write reviews of comics books, movies, video games, and anime. Then I record them and send them to CBM and they post it on their website. Soon I’ll also do phone and in-person interviews, like you’ll see the girl “Militia” doing on the link to my first show…

http://www.cbmania.com/Show7.html (my stuff starts about 2:40 in if you wanna skip Militia interviewing the anime geeks). My stuff in this episode is VO only, BTW.

I’ll be working the NY Comic Con next month so that should be a blast. It’s amazing how a hobby can turn into a career!

For those of you on the GKN Yahoo Group, I added some new applications that you may enjoy: Address Book and Birthdays. You can find them on the left column of the home page. Feel free to use them. There are a bunch of other apps I can add, if you'd like. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Check out this new picture of Agent 122!



Teddy has done it again! She should have a full-body image pretty soon. Thanks Teddy!

TIP OF THE WEEK: Let's continue our exploration of the five areas of our business that we should focus on every day. They are: Finances, Technique, Tools, Marketing, and Health. Staying on the subject of Finances, the Internet is an invaluable tool to help you find work in our industry. Here are the work sites I discovered in 2008:

www.castingnewyork.com
www.craigshelper.com
www.crazedlist.org
www.elance.com
www.gigslist.org
newyork.kijiji.com
www.myactingagent.com
www.simplyhired.com

I check them out every day in hopes of finding work. Some of them are great, some are meh. Check them out!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: I think work and business can be creative and exciting. A hoot. A growth experience. A journey of lifelong learning and constant surprise. Tom Peters

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: What websites do you use to seek work, if any? How did you find them? Please share!

Have a great week!

No comments: