Monday, September 22, 2008

GKN Weekly Update 9/22/08

Happy Autumn everyone, my favorite season! Did anyone try to balance an egg today?

I hope everyone had a fun weekend. Did you guys watch the Yankee game last night? It was incredible seeing so many legends in one place!

For those of you who don't know, I'm going to have surgery tomorrow to yank out that damn kidney stone. It's been two months and the little bastard decided make an Ikea run and move into my starboard-side ureter! It's an outpatient procedure and it only takes about 45 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes. Anyway, on to less discomforting topics!

Last week I had a nice amount of VO work! I did yet another ETS gig and I did some more animation VO for CancerSPACE, a roleplaying tutorial for hospitals. Once again I played Rivera, a Hispanic RN.

Fellow GKN member Angelo Panetta hired me to narrate some :60 car commercials for an undisclosed client. I was thrilled to do some hard-sell work! I never get those kind of gigs so it'll be great to add some more diversity to my samples.

I also had an audition for Comcast courtesy of Ingrid French. The interesting thing about this one was that the recording session was the same day so I had to hang out in NYC for a few hours while I waited to hear if I got the gig. BTW don't hesitate to drop me a line if you ever want to get together. I'm in Manhattan pretty often and I haven't had the pleasure of meeting some of you in person!

TIP OF THE WEEK: So, tomorrow I go under the knife. YIKES! Seriously, I'm not scared because it's a simple procedure and there is no cutting involved. I will spare you the details of how they get the stone, though. You do NOT wanna know! I try very hard to eat right, exercise, and live a healthy life. I don't smoke, I rarely drink, and I don't do drugs. Despite all that, I've been slapped around with kidney stones, high cholesterol, vertigo, and migraines. It is SO damn frustrating! What I'm trying to say is that sometimes if you do everything right you still won't achieve the desired result. And you know what? It's okay. A wise sage once said "**** happens". and it's true. But it's not the **** that shapes your life, it's your REACTION that does!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: If you don’t know, say you don’t know. Only politicians and middle managers find shame in ignorance and the irony of that should not be wasted on you. Phillip Banks

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: What was the last bad thing that happened to you? How did you handle it? Could you have handled it better?

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing Tom?
Hope everything went well.

James

Tom said...

Surgery has been postponed until next Monday because I have to wait a week to get the aspirin out of my system. I've been fine most of the week except for yesterday. I was in pain all day! Fortunately I didn't have anywhere to be. Thanks for thinking of me!