Monday, August 25, 2008

GKN Weekly Update 8/25/08

Good Monday to Ya!

Can you believe that Labor Day Weekend is almost here? Then it's back to school! The only thing I miss about school is buying new stuff. I love office supplies!

We had some good things happen last week...

I had a great recording session for my buddy Chad Orr of Rennert Translation Group. I narrated a commercial for their website at CKP Media. I'll post it when it's ready!

Speaking of stuff that's ready to post, here is the online tutorial I narrated for Knovel courtesy of Eyeview Digital.

I also had a great audition for Computer Associates at Acting Management courtesy of Ingrid French. While there I ran into fellow GKN member Tiffany Clementi. It was great seeing you, Tiff!

I recorded more lines and Foley stuff for Angelo's latest sci-fi radio drama "The Empress Blair Project". I got to play a soap opera actor! Saying that I was over-the-top was an understatement...

TIP OF THE WEEK: My personal highlight of the week was watching my friend Carly's three-month old girl Asha for a day.



Isn't she beautiful? I called that day "baby-daddy training". Mostly we danced to Beatles tunes and she slept a lot, but it meant a lot to me. For those of you who don't know, I am "clinically single" but would very much like to have a child someday. Why? For a bunch of reasons, but one of the big ones is that life is meant to be shared. To be alone is both safe and scary at the same time and I'm very happy that so many people are willing to share their lives and the lives of their children with me. Be thankful that you are, too.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Who shares their life with you? When was the last time you thanked them for it?

Have a great week!

No comments: