Monday, July 28, 2008

GKN Weekly Update 7/28/08

Whattaya say there, sports fans?!

Hello and Happy Monday to you. I am feeling MUCH better! The kidney stone still hasn't passed (I think) but I haven't had an attack since last Tuesday. My appetite has returned and my digestive system is back to normal (no need for details there). I did gain some weight, though. I think it's a combination of the medication and two weeks without exercise. Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you for the dozens of phone calls, emails, and other well wishes you guys sent my way. It means a lot to me!

Last week was kind of slow. It worked out since was rough leaving the house between the pain, the medication, and having to carry a strainer around! As a result, I had to turn down two auditions from Ingrid French because I couldn't risk being away from the house for too long. I had two more retakes session for Ballard & Tighe at Hagens Studio in Princeton, though. They signed off on the project so it's in the can!

The only other action I had was that I started on the Project TERRA Season Two Outline. We're still working on the Episode One storyboard and the stills for the EPK. Slow but steady!

TIP OF THE WEEK: I have to admit that I was touched by the amount of people who reached out to me this past week. It made me feel really good! My friend and fellow VO talent Kara Edwards was just blogging about how her blog comments have decreased lately and she was wondering how much it had to do with RSS feeds and the fact that EVERYBODY blogs nowadays. I think there are just too many out there and it's hard not to just click, glance, and move on to the next bookmark.

This applies to real life as well. Take the time to tell someone important to you how much you appreciate them. Whether it's your parents or the postman, acknowledge them. Even if it's just a smile or a handshake, it will make their day!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Genre fiction, as Terry Pratchett has pointed out, is a stew. You take stuff out of the pot, you put stuff back. The stew bubbles on. Neil Gaiman

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: When was the last time you said thanks to someone important to you?

Have a great week!

No comments: