Monday, August 30, 2010

GKN Update 8/30/10

Good morning! I hope everyone had a nifty weekend. I went camping for the first time in thirteen years! The weather was perfect and both the food & friends were plentiful. I had a fantastic time, but I caught my cabin mate's cold. Nothing a little juice & Vitamin C can't fix!

So, last week I was exploring Twitter (looking for VO work) and I stumbled upon this article:

http://blog.theparisreview.org/2010/08/17/searching-for-me

I sympathized with this guy because, like him, I was cast in Red Dead Redemption but my character was cut (but you can hear me at Benedict Point reciting some extra lines like "This place is deader than a side of bacon!").

For me, it's a funny story and I enjoyed it since I went on a similar ride. For others, it's a peak into the VO world, at least a small portion of it. Either way, it's a "slice of life" story and I find it fascinating how people can take different things away from the same experience.

TIP OF THE WEEK: Two things struck me when I read this article.

  1.  These things happen and in the long run it's no big deal.
  2.  People who comment online can be really, really mean!

Holy socks, some of these people were downright vicious. I'm a geek and these nerds (yes, there is a difference!) give us a bad name. My advice is cliche but still holds true: if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Especially in a public domain like the Internet.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Irony is hypocrisy with style. From the film “Looking for Richard”

STUFF!: I do my best to be positive and constructive here on the Good Karma Network, so please forgive me. I interact with the kind of people who posted those negative comments all the time at my friend's hobby store, so I know what makes them tick. One thing I can't stand is when a bunch of socially inept dorks viciously attack someone with no cause and skulk about in online anonymity. Just because they scored higher on standardized tests then most of us doesn't give them the right to write horrible things about people they don't even know. It's not my fault they'll never know a woman's touch! In short, these non-contributing zeros can go **** in their hat.

From Tom Dheere's apartment, this is Tom Dheere, GKN News.

No comments: